- Afternoon date together to plan some of our Ireland trip over beers and grilled cheese sandwiches. Did you know April is National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Month?!
- Took Rudy to the dog beach - he is pretty anti-social and just hung by us the whole time. We tried tricking him into jumping in the water as waves came in, but he was not having it.
- Postcard & Paper Show in Scotts Valley - probably one of the strangest things I have ever been to. I thought it would be more like a cute, staged sale for paper goods and less like I walked into a hoarder's basement and the entire place is packed from wall to wall, being competitively rummaged through by a clan of dumpster divers. I left empty-handed.
- A trip to the barbershop - I'm thinking this gal would really dig my Grandma Doris's extensive shaving brush collection.
- Explored some more of Santa Cruz, more specifically the Santa Cruz Mission
- Celebrated National Record Store day with a quick browse through Logos downtown, and scored a Happy Banjos album for $3.
- Stumbled upon an environmental fair in the San Lorenzo River Park, and stopped for a pulled pork sandwich and a stroll in the warm sun.
- Lots of calligraphy work going on at home... and dreaming about having a little art studio some day.
- Rudy has finally started fetching the ball! Proud mama moment for me - I videotaped it... click here
- Tequila, Tacos, and Typography night with the Schipper girls a couple of weeks ago - I wish I had taken pictures of this! It was my kind of night - tequila tasting while watching live calligraphy by local artists. And I had so much fun with the girls! You know it's a good night when your belly hurts afterward from all the laughter.
- I got hooked on Game of Thrones on HBOnow and have watched all of the seasons... now I know what all of the hype is about!