As several people have pointed out to me recently, I have neglected this little online journal of mine. Please accept this shameless cute photo of Rudybega in a field of daisies in exchange for my lack of communication.
The last few months have flown by in a blur of settling into our home, hosting one visitor after another, and taking little weekend trips together.
See below for photographic evidence:
Not pictured: Dad & Kim have visited twice, but you'll see them working hard in the upcoming posts about what we've been doing around the house. Cheryl visited as well, and I somehow managed to take NO photos. Luckily, she documented her trip here.
- Photos 1-2: a work conference in Pacific Grove gave me an excuse to pay a visit to Carmel and Point Lobos. Shame on me for only taking my iPhone to capture its magnificence!
- 3: Leslie and I took an overnight trip to Sonoma and it was exactly the girls getaway we needed! Not pictured: we found a tequila bar in Guerneville that was basically my personal version of heaven. In addition to a million different types of tequila, they serve most amazing oaxacan cheese dip EVER.
- 4: Mom spent almost a whole week staying in our little guest house, and although I felt bad I couldn't get the time off work, I think she enjoyed herself relaxing in the redwoods :)
- 5, 6, 7: Just little bits of life; a sunset view on West Cliff, running with Rudybega, and a cozy night at home
- 8, 9: Our next visitor, Brent's sister Lauren. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have Lauren as my sister now - what a great bonus to marrying Brent! We have grown incredibly close and I was so grateful to have a few days of quality time together. Seen here on National Strawberry Picking Day, at Swanton Berry Farm.
- 10 - 13: Brent and I went camping near Big Basin Redwoods State Park, and hiked 15 miles down to the ocean. That gorgeous waterfall is Berry Creek Falls, which is about the half-way point and alone makes the hike worthwhile, not to mention the widely varied forest terrains we traversed.
- 14 - 16: A few more random snapshots; the view from our front porch looking up (we have the best neighbors!), a visit to Wilder Ranch, and a Wilder kitty.