I wish I could say there was meaning behind the name Chocolate "Moo" Pie, but I really only called it that because I ran out of room on the little name card while I was trying to write "mousse". But somehow it worked and no one really cared, because the pie was delish!
Chocolate Moo Pie
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 24 Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter
- In microwave dish combine chocolate chips and 1/2 of the cream. Cook on high for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Stir in sugar & vanilla. Set aside.
- Melt the 1/4 cup of butter in the microwave. Crush the Oreo cookies in a large freezer bag with a rolling pin until they are broken into small crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a pie dish and pour the butter over the top. Mix with your hands until the crumbs are all moistened with butter and press firmly into the bottom and sides of the pan.
- In small bowl, beat the rest of the cream until soft peaks form. Beat in chocolate mixture on high speed 1/3 at a time. mix well and spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours before serving.